True North Climbing is perfect for day camp fun for kids aged 7-12. Our camp offers a fun and safe environment for children to rock climb, boulder, and slack line in our indoor facility. Children will also do arts and crafts, and a variety of indoor sports. We provide a counselor for every 5 kids, to give them plenty of time to climb and keep them well supervised. The camp runs from 9:00am – 4:00 pm on Monday to Friday; half days are also available.
We will be offering the following day camps during 2013:
March Break Camp: March 11-15
Passover Camp: March 25-28, April 2-5
Summer Day Camp: Starting Tuesday July 2nd, and running each week through August 30th. The weeks of July 2nd and August 2nd are 4-day weeks.
Winter Break Camp: dates TBD
We can also arrange day camp on school PA/PD days on request, with a week’s notice or more, for 2 or more kids.
Children are required to bring: running shoes, athletic clothing, lunch & snacks. There will be a Pizza Lunch each Friday of the full weeks (except during Passover).
Note: Every child must arrive with a properly completed Minor Waiver form signed by their parent. Another child’s parent cannot sign their form. The form is available at the gym, or can be completed online at http://truenorthclimbing.com/climb-with-us/waivers
Our curriculum is very flexible and caters to the child’s interests, but this gives you an idea of the things they may be doing. You may think a full day of climbing is too much for your child, but we find most children really do want to climb for most of the day! Of course they get a chance to rest between climbs, and we do have plenty of other things to do:
- Warm-up activities: Running, cat walk, crab walk, jumping jacks, high jumps.
- Stretching: dynamic stretching followed by light static stretches from head to toe.
- Climbing: Starting off on easy climbs to warm-up the fingers and moving on to more challenging ones.
- Bouldering & Slack line: Working on boulder problems and climbing on the free standing boulder. Practicing balance on the slack lines.
- Climbing Games: Traverse tag, blindfold climbing, speed racing, horse, add-on.
- Other Games & Sports: Soccer, football, Frisbee, octopus, red light/green light, mini Olympics: tug-of-war, egg racing, three legged race, sack racing, Twister, musical chairs, drama, general fitness training, gymnastics.
- Arts & Crafts: Painting, coloring, drawing, Popsicle stick crafts, string necklaces & bracelets, fun with paper bags.
From time to time (subject to sufficient kids booked well in advance), True North will bring a special guest into the gym. Some will be bringing their furry and scaly friends with them and others will be doing arts & crafts, music or science experiments. Kids will be very hands-on with the special guest activity of the week. Guests will normally be in the afternoon for about an hour.
Prices and Booking Policies
Full Week (5 days):
$300/week + HST if booked at least 1 week in advance
$350/week + HST if booked less than 1 week in advance
4 day weeks (when one day is a holiday):
$240/week + HST if booked at least 1 week in advance
$280/week + HST if booked less than 1 week in advance
Single Day (9-4):
$70/day + HST if booked at least 1 week in advance
$80/day + HST if booked less than 1 week in advance
Half Day (9-12 or 1-4):
$35/session + HST if booked at least 1 week in advance
$40/session + HST if booked less than 1 week in advance
Early drop-off or late pick-up:
Please pick up your child on time. We schedule our staff for the camp period, and they have places to go when their shift is over. There is an additional fee of $5 + HST per child for each quarter hour of additional care. Please tell us in advance if you know you will be picking up your child late.
Please note our policies regarding cancellation, refunds and changes:
- If you cancel a session with at least 48 hours notice you will receive a refund of the amount paid, less a $15+ HST administrative fee.
- If you cancel or reschedule a session with less than 48 hours notice, you may receive a credit of the amount paid towards future services (less a $15 + HST administrative fee), or your payment may be forfeited, depending on the impact of your cancellation. There is a $15 + HST administrative fee for all schedule changes (e.g. change days, change full day to half day) made between 48 hours and 1 week before a session. With more than a week of advance notice, we allow changes without extra charge, subject to availability.
Please talk to the staff at the front desk or email daycamp@truenorthclimbing if you have any additional questions about this programme.